Classic cars will meet their match as star racecar Lightning McQueen, pal Mater and master British spy Finn McMissile from Disney-Pixar's upcoming animated motion picture "Cars 2" race into town during Car Masters Weekend at Walt Disney World Resort May 13-15, 2011. Car lovers will delight in a weekend devoted to all things cars, with activities from 10:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. each day at Downtown Disney West Side:
- Muscle cars will line the Downtown Disney promenade alongside the largest life-sized, radio-controlled replica cars ever built--which bring their big-screen "car-acter" counterparts to life for fans to meet face to face.
- Pixar Animation Studios' "Cars" Franchise Guardian and resident car expert, Jay Ward, has been tapped to judge the Classic Car show which takes place on Saturday and Sunday.
- NASCAR fans can get a peek at Richard Petty's racecar on display inside RIDEMAKERZ at Downtown Disney.
- The family-friendly weekend will feature special Disney-Pixar "Cars 2" merchandise --including new RIDEMAKERZ models -- and bonus entertainment.
- The 2006 Disney-Pixar "Cars" film returns to the big screen with a limited engagement viewing at AMC Pleasure Island 24 Theatres throughout the weekend. Moviegoers can even catch a glimpse of the new movie trailer from "Cars 2," which gets the "green flag" on June 24, 2011, presented in Disney Digital 3D™ and IMAX 3D® in select theaters.
State Farm brings Disney-Pixar's "Cars 2" adventure directly to fans with the "Agents on a Mission" tour, showcasing cars modeled after their big-screen likenesses. Guests can check out the cars and take part in a variety of "Cars 2"-themed activities, including a video kiosk, e-photo opportunities, games and giveaways. They can also enter the "Agents on a Mission" sweepstakes, which features 18,000 prizes, including a new car.
May 05, 2011 / 4:45pm EDT