Last month the official Disney blog posted a teaser describing a new experience
arriving at Disney's Animal Kingdom later this year. Since then we've been piecing together some more information on what looks to be a really fantastic addition to Disney's Animal Kingdom. Remember, none of this is officially confirmed yet, so as always, treat as speculation and remember plans can change.
- The trekking adventure is to be a 3 hour experience, with two guides and a group size of approximately 10-12 guests.
- It will be operating daily during park hours, with multiple excursions per day.
- The experience begins in Harambe village, where guests will receive safety equipment and a briefing ahead of the trek. It will be somewhat physically demanding, so there will likely be age/physical requirements and a waiver.
- The trek will pass through the forests of Kilimanjaro Safaris along unmarked paths on foot. Rope bridges link some of the areas to be explored. New construction on the savannah will provide infrastructure - rope bridges, viewing areas, restrooms, and possibly a zip line. A big emphasis of the experience is touring unexplored areas with a sense of adventure, and there are no plans for any direct interaction with the animals.
- Approximately half of the experience will be on foot, and the other half will be on a new specially designed vehicle.
- One of the highlights of the trek will feature a cliff edge viewing of the hippo area requiring the use of safety harnesses.
- The opening of the experience is planned for December 2010.
What do you think? Discuss here.