Mickey Avenue, Disney's Hollywood Studios
Update on the new Millionaire attraction
Oct 30, 2000 |
- The show is to be called "Who Wants To Be A Millionaire - Play It!"
- There will be 6 "Regis" type hosts - to be used for the shows throughout the week
- “Who Wants to be a Millionaire” Play it! is a live show attraction that will house an exact replica of the famous high-tech set complete with dramatic lighting and pulse-pounding music
- Disney-MGM Studios guests will play for points, not dollars, and will win prizes as their score grows.
- The entire audience of 600 will play along, with their score from the stands qualifying them to become a contestant
- Each game will last approximately a half-hour
- The game will be played multiple times each day
- “Who Wants to be a Millionaire – Play It!” is set to open in Spring 2001
- The show is not being produced by Imagineering, but by Disney-MGM Studios Entertainment
- Mat Conover of Disney-MGM Studios Entertainment is the producer of the new attraction