Pixar Place, Disney's Hollywood Studios
Toy Story Mania Fun Facts
May 07, 2008 |
- Each ride vehicle weighs as much as 8,580 Woody dolls.
- It would take 5,026 toy soldiers lined up end-to-end to make up the total track length.
- Toy Story Mania! is the first time that Walt Disney Imagineering is creating an attraction for two Disney Parks simultaneously.
- It has been estimated that, each day, guests may break over one million virtual plates using the spring-action shooters.
- Riders in the Sky, the award winning group that wrote the songs that Mr. Potato Head performs as part of the attraction, is the same group that wrote "Woody's Roundup" for the "Toy Story" feature films.
- This is the first attraction that Walt Disney Imagineering designed where the Imagineers had to wear 3-D glasses to art direct all the black-light paint elements.
- The murals located in the load area at Disney's Hollywood Studios are the biggest murals painted since Epcot was built.
- In order to create a show that responds not only to every pull of a guest's spring-action shooter, but also every move their midway tram makes, there are over 150 computers communicating over multiple networks throughout the attraction.
- At Toy Story Mania! every guest gets to experience life at the size of a toy. So in Andy's room, a 5 foot 6 inch person will feel about 14" tall.
- More time was spent programming Mr. Potato Head than for any other Audio-Animatronics figure ever created by Walt Disney Imagineering.
- Mr. Potato Head will be able to say more lines of dialogue than any Audio-Animatronics figure ever created by Walt Disney Imagineering.
- The Mr. Potato Head Audio-Animatronics figure is the first time that an Audio-Animatronics figure can remove a body part and re-attach it (in the case of his ear).
- The Mr. Potato Head Audio-Animatronics figure has new, highly expressive and animated eyes that can look directly at a particular guest in the queue when speaking to him/her.
- Mr. Potato Head marks the first Audio-Animatronics figure whose mouth appears to form words and vowel sounds.
- In each of the Toy Story Mania! games, there is at least one "easter egg" -- targets that can trigger the appearance of bonus high-value targets and other changes in the scene.
- Toy Story Mania! is the first time that Woody and Buzz Lightyear (along with some of their friends) from the Disney-Pixar "Toy Story" films appear together in a ride-through attraction.
- Watch for loose change in the prize scene -- Hamm is carrying more than $6 in coins when his cork pops.
- Because of the indoor nature of the attraction and to keep the guest experience fun for all, flash photography or video is not allowed on Toy Story Mania!
- Everyone can play! There is no height or age restriction for guests to experience Toy Story Mania!
- Actual ride time aboard Toy Story Mania! is a full five minutes.
- Ready, aim, fire! Players have 30 seconds in each game play area to score points.
- A beeline to fun! Toy Story Mania! utilizes Disney's FASTPASS, a return voucher offering little or no waiting time at select attractions. Single riders also have their own queuing option for Toy Story Mania!
Related Photo Galleries
Copyright 2010 The Walt Disney Company